Wedding Photographer Gloucestershire
I am Dafydd Hughes, a Gloucestershire wedding photographer. I adore working with people and I love taking photographs. I pinch myself in the knowledge that I have found the ideal profession. I cover weddings all over the UK (not just Gloucestershire weddings), and last year I shot weddings in Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Yorkshire and even as far away as County Durham. I love travelling and shooting in different locations, so no matter where you are getting married, I’d love to hear about your wedding plans. Drop me an email or even better, give me a call.
One of my brides recently asked me how I would describe my style. It’s a very good question. I don’t like to pigeon hole myself into any particular style. I feel I have my own unique style which blends reportage, traditional and contemporary wedding photography. Of course, words mean very little and as the old expression goes, a picture speaks a thousand words. Have a look through my wedding galleries and see for yourself.
It’s your wedding day
I still get excited when I’m asked to be the official photographer at a wedding. I quite frequently yell out aloud “Yes” when I get a confirmed booking. For me, it’s an honour to be chosen – to play such a crucial part in such an important day – your important day. I totally appreciate the amount of effort that goes into planning a wedding – your special day. No matter what, I will do whatever it takes within my powers to help make your wedding day perfect – and that includes lending my coat to a bride when it starts to snow!
If I am lucky enough to be selected as your wedding photographer, I will document your day right through from Bridal preparations to the first dance. I want to build a photographic story and not just cover parts of the day. For that reason, I do not charge for additional hours if timings run astray (as they often do). A wedding can be a long day for a photographer, but most importantly it will always be a day that I enjoy. After all, I’ll be working with people and in the sphere of photography. What more can I ask?
What am I like to work with?
Picking a wedding photographer can be a time consuming task. It goes without saying that the two major factors to be considered are the quality of the photographer’s work and the cost. BUT, something of equal importance is the photographer’s personality. You have to select a photographer that you feel at ease with. There should be no doubts. So, what am I like to work with? From the feedback I receive from my clients, the phrases that are most common are “Fun”, “Easy going”, “Professional” and “Hard working”. It all comes pretty natural to me as I love shooting weddings. If I didn’t, it would be a different matter. I love photographic challenges, even shooting weddings in the middle of Winter. It’s all fun.
I offer a small selection of packages. I appreciate that wedding photography packages can be mind blowing and over complex. For this reason I keep things simple and currently offer just three packages, a disk only package and two album packages.
I admire quality items. Whether it be an Apple product or a German motor vehicle – such products purvey class and quality. I don’t like buying cheap products, and therefore I don’t supply cheap wedding albums. A wedding album is an extension of my work. Quality is of the upmost importance. Once again as the old expression says “You get what you pay for” I offer two types of albums, flush mounted (print on the page) albums (made in the UK) and matted albums (made in Australia). I am confident that you will be impressed by the quality of both.
Gloucestershire wedding photographer Dafydd Hughes has an unrivalled passion for wedding photography in Gloucestershire. Based in Cirencester, Dafydd has an excellent knowledge of many Gloucestershire wedding venues and strives to provide beautiful wedding photography for those living in Gloucestershire and the surround counties. His wedding images are simply sublime and he is arguably one of the best wedding photographers in Gloucestershire
Cotswold wedding Photographer Dafydd Hughes lives in Cirencester (the heart of the Cotswolds). Covering weddings in Cheltenham, weddings in Cirencester, weddings in Gloucester and all other Cotswold weddings. So, if you are getting married anywhere in the Cotswolds (including a Cheltenham wedding), we’d love to hear from you.
Living on the North Wiltshire / Gloucestershire border, Dafydd Hughes Photography is based perfectly for providing wedding photography in Wiltshire or wedding photography in North Wiltshire. So, if you are looking for a wedding photographer in Wiltshire, we’d love to hear from you.
With Oxford being only 40 minutes away, Dafydd Hughes Photography is perfectly based to photograph Oxfordshire weddings. So, if your wedding is an Oxfordshire wedding, we’d love to hear from you.
Living so closes to the M5, Dafydd reguarly works in Worcestershire. Wedding photography in such a beautiful county is always a pleasure, so Dafydd is always keen to speak to anyone who is having a Worcestershire wedding.
In the news
- Cirencester family portrait shoot - We braved the weather today for a fun Cirencester family portrait shoot.
- Paul and Sam - Today saw the wonderful wedding of Paul and Sam at The Rectory Hotel Crudwell.
- Matt and Sarah - Today Matt and Sarah got married at the stunning Barnsley House. Read more about their fairy tail Barnsley House wedding.
- Stanton House Wedding - Great fun with George and Claire at their engagement shoot
- Wedding at Beechfield House - The beautiful wedding of David and Bryony at Beechfield House in Wiltshire
- Wedding at the Swan Hotel Bibury - A glorious day for a Cotswolds Wedding at the Swan Hotel Bibury
- Gloucestershire wedding Photography at Hyde Barn Ben and Emily's wedding will be my last of 2012. It is being held at the lovely Cotswold wedding venue Hyde Barn. Read more about the Hyde Barn Wedding in the Cotswolds.
- Wiltshire wedding Photography at Beechfield House David and Brony's wedding will be held at the beautiful Beechfield House in Wiltshire. Today was there engagement shoot - read more about their Beechfield House Wedding.
- Image of the week. If you've not noticed, I've recently created a new section entitled Image of the week. Not aimed at displaying just the best image of the week from recent weddings, I use this section of the website to display images that appeal to me. Therefore, some of the images may well be just fun and amusing. You can find my images of the week here
- Bespoke wedding prices. Having just returned from New York, I've made the decision to offer an alternative to the traditional package based solutions for wedding photography prices. If you've been to New York you may have noticed how everything is customisable. From coffee to cars - you specify exactly what you want, and that's what you pay for. So, with immediate effect customers will be able to tailor our services to their exact needs. If you want an Engagement shoot, no coverage of your first dance and only 100 images from your wedding - no problem! Just pick and pay for just the bits you need.
- Stunning Fine Art Albums.We now provide stunning fine art wedding albums. I'll be proudly showing a sample to my 2013/2014 customers!
- Gloucestershire wedding - engagement shoot. This evening I had the pleasure of photographing Paul and Sam prior to their Gloucestershire wedding at The Rectory at Crudwell. Read more about their wedding at The Rectory Crudwell
- A Bibury engagement shoot in the rain. Gavin and Ola have selected the lovely Swan Hotel at Bibury for their Gloucestershire wedding. Today we met at the Swan Hotel for their engagement shoot. Full story can be found here
- Gloucestershire Wedding Photography at Cirencester's Royal Agricultural College. The Royal Agricultural college is one of my favourite Gloucestershire wedding venues. Today I returned to the RAC for the wedding of Charlie and Becks. Read more about their Royal Agricultural College Wedding.
- Wiltshire wedding photography Grittleton House. Today was the wedding of Hamish and Karan at the gorgeous Grittleton House. Read more.
- Cheltenham wedding photography. Today was the wedding of Kieran and Meryl in Cheltenham. Read more.